From BuxWiki, the online earning site encyclopedia
|Payment Processors||Gift Cards|
is a rewards and loyalty-program operated by Prodege LLC, and based in El Segundo, California.
- Members of the Swagbucks program are able to earn and redeem SB in a variety of ways through the Swagbucks website and mobile apps.
- While a single SB is generally worth 1 US cent (¢), the value may be greater when used for certain rewards.
- SwagBucks was launched by Prodege on February 2008 under Co-Founders Josef Gorowitz and Scott Dudelson
- In 2006, Prodege introduced its first product: private label search engines that allowed charities to raise funds by having supporters perform internet searches.
- In 2007, Prodege developed a second search loyalty program that allowed celebrities, brands and sports teams to engage fans and offering "swag" merchandise.
- In February 2008, The SB was introduced as a digital currency earned for activity throughout its network of websites.
- In January 2013, Prodege Founder Josef Gorowitz appointed former Shopzilla and Fandango CEO Chuck Davis as the company's executive chairman.
- In May 2014, Prodege announced that Technology Crossover Ventures had invested $60 million into Prodege, parent company of Swagbucks and other portfolio brands.
- In July 2014, Prodege announced it acquired SodaHead, an online polling platform that provides polling technology to major media partners.
- A mobile version of the Swagbucks site is available for use on smartphones like iPhone and Android.
- It is a stripped-down version of the regular site that contains fewer features, but is optimized for use via touchscreen.
- Searching: Just like the regular site, users can search using the mobile site and periodically earn SB.
- Special Offers: A mobile version of the special offers on the regular Swagbucks site.
- Daily Poll: Also available on the regular site, a new poll is posted each day, and answering it rewards 1 SB.
- A selection of popular gift cards for major retailers are available on mobile, including Amazon, Walmart, Target and others.
- You will trade your SB in exchange for your chosen gift card based on the cost / exchange rate listed in the redemption page.